Mission Statement, Ethos and Core Values
To provide and support schools in which all students and staff have the opportunity to work hard to achieve their personal best.
To encourage personal, moral and spiritual development within a Christian framework.
To create and sustain educational environments where everyone is equally valued.
The ethos of the Foundation’s schools is based on the traditional Christian faith. However, the schools are non-selective and, as such, are open to children of all faiths and none. We believe that Jesus offers us the perfect example of how to know God and love our neighbour as ourselves. From this belief springs a conviction that every child, without exception, is made in the image of God and has inherent worth and is worthy of respect. Emmanuel Schools Foundation is committed to providing a well- rounded education in which all children have the opportunity to realise their full potential as human beings -intellectually, socially, physically, spiritually and morally. Whilst at all times respecting the individuals right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
The Christian Ethos of our schools will mean we:
- Positively value every person attending, working in or associated with our schools
- Support, encourage and reward people in our schools
- Have high expectations of people and promote the pursuit of personal best
- Promote grace, gentleness and kindness within each school
- Encourage all to look to the interests of others as well as their own
- Love others as we would love ourselves
- Develop an appreciation of the importance of serving others
- Act fairly, and in a spirit of mutual respect and humility
- Promote a spirit of joy, excitement and thankfulness in all that we do
- Present the Christian faith not just in intellectual terms but as a living faith with the ability to affect our individual and corporate lives for good.
We aspire, whether we be students or staff, that all of our work will be characterised by the following values:
We aim to be positive in everything, doing what is good and aiming to benefit others as well as ourselves.
We seek to do our personal best without bragging and to encourage others to achieve their best without being critical or jealous of their efforts.
We care for those who are in difficulty and who are hurting, recognising that the world does not exist for us alone.
We can be trusted to be honest and truthful, to say what we mean and to do what we say.
We recognise that having the freedom to express ourselves means we must also accept responsibility for our words, thoughts and actions.
We aim to do what is right, whatever the cost; we stand up for the weak, whatever the danger; we face our fears and find ways of defeating them.
We know that hard work and the refusal to give up are essential if we are to achieve anything worthwhile.
Bede Academy motto
Veritas vos liberabit
The Truth Shall Set You Free