Dear Parents and Carers,
This term is always exceptionally busy with a range of activities and events in the calendar including Healthy Living Week, Work Experience, Sports Dinner, and the Year 11 Leavers’ Ball to name but a few. I must say however, that I find it immensely humbling to see the impressive programme of activities arranged for our students during Personal Development week. This is testament to the hard work and dedication of our Bede students, parents, and staff. I trust our Year 10 students will gain valuable experience and an insight into working life during their work experience week, I’m sure that our Year 8 students will have a memorable time at Kingswood as will our Year 9 students who will be completing their Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions next week. I look forward to hearing all about it on their return.
There are also some exciting community events taking place in Blyth this weekend and I would encourage you to visit the Art Exhibition at the Republic Gallery, where you can see some of the incredible artwork on display from our very talented students.
At the end of this week, we celebrated our Year 11 students in their leavers’ assembly. Many will be looking to stay on in our sixth form, however regardless of where life may lead them, we wish them every success for the future. They have been an incredible year group and a valuable part of our Bede family.
Students taking GCSE, AS and A Level examinations are to be commended for their approach to their work. It is a very important time in their school lives as they work towards qualifications to take them on to further study or their chosen career. They have shown diligence throughout their time at school and I am looking forward to August when they will be rewarded with outstanding results.
I am also delighted, after the events of the last couple of years, to see the return of our very popular academy production. I would recommend you book your tickets for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat early as they’re selling fast! Overall, this weeks’ newsletter is a real celebration of community engagement, for which I am thankful.
With my best wishes
In this week’s newsletter you will find:
- Personal Development Week
- Upcoming Community Events in Blyth
- Art Exhibition
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- Family Tree
- Seaton Sluice Football Club
- Countdown to Kingswood
- Extracurricular Clubs
- House Newsletters
- Weekly Menu
Personal Development Week
|7||4 1-day workshops to explore futures, community, environment and leadership. Sports Day & Wellness (Thursday)||Mrs Butler|
|8||Residential (Kingswood)1-day workshop to explore community.Sports Day & Wellness (Friday) [For students who are not attending the Year 8 residential: 3 1-day workshops exploring futures, environment and leadership]||Mr Sutherland|
|9||Sports Day & Wellness (Monday)Duke of Edinburgh ExpeditionsRelationships WorkshopsArmy Workshops||Dr Sams|
|10||Work ExperienceCareers Week||Mrs Taylor|
|11||External examinations continue||Mrs Butler|
|12||LeadershipUCAS & Careers||Mrs Winchester|
|13||External examinations continue||Mr Lloyd|
Upcoming Community Events in Blyth
On Sunday 26th June Blyth Carnival will be held in the Market Square and there will be lots of fun for everyone.
Summer Holiday Fun:
There will be a Circus School (Friday 5th and Saturday 6th August), Art in the Park (Friday 12th August), and a Sandcastle competition Friday 26th August.
Great family fun for everyone!
Bede Academy Secondary Years – Uniform Information for Parents 2022
- The uniform shop www.easschoolwear.co.uk. is now available 24hrs a day online (we no longer operate in-school shops and cannot accept telephone orders).
- We have stock ready now if you wish to order for September. Final order date to guarantee delivery in time for the start of term is Monday 15 August.
- We provide a free “Click and Collect” service via the reception desk at Bede Academy on Sixth Avenue. From Monday 20 June we can invite you to collect your order at the Click and Collect time made when placing your order. Available dates and times will be shown when you select Click & Collect at the end of your order. We also provide a DPD Home Delivery service (charge applies).
- Please check carefully the Uniform Policy and relevant Style Guides as many items can now be purchased from a wide range of retailers.
Links to reference information (click on the titles):
- Uniform Policy for Bede Academy
- Style Guide – Yr6-11 Daywear
- Style Guide – Yr7-11 Sportswear
- Style Guide – Yr12-13 Daywear
- Style Guide – Yr12-13 Sportswear
- “How to Order” information leaflet
- Helpful introductory video
- Uniform “Frequently Asked Questions” page
If you have any school uniform queries that are not covered here, please email info@EASschoolwear.co.uk
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat!
Bede Academy is excited to bring ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat!’ to the stage this July. This show takes the audience through the journey of Joseph, one of the twelve sons of Jacob.
Based on the Bible’s book of Genesis, Joseph is a much-loved family classic. Written in 1968 and featuring lyrics by Tim Rice and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, it features iconic pop and musical theatre classics known around the world, including ‘Close Every Door’, ‘Go, Go, Go, Joseph!’, and ‘Any Dream Will Do’ (which recently featured at the Queen’s Platinum Party at the Palace).
We hope you will join us for what promises to be a fun and entertaining show!
Order your tickets online here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/bede-academy/e-jrkkql