Below are a number of links and resources that you can use to make this time more productive, rich and stimulating.
- Scouts - The great indoors
- A fantastic resource for consolidating and furthering your learning – https://www.brainpop.com/
- A wealth of documentary programs (at a cost) – https://curiositystream.com/
- Learn to Code – https://www.tynker.com/
- Join online classes – https://outschool.com/ & https://www.udemy.com/ (cost for this one)
- Build your maths – https://beastacademy.com/ (ages 8-13)
- Creative & crafty ideas – https://www.creativebug.com/
- Endless hours of entertainment can be found in podcasting
- TED Talks – hours of fascinating talks on fascinating subjects https://www.ted.com/about/programs-initiatives/ted-talks/ted-talks-audio
- A list of 10 podcasts for school age group – https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog/10-must-listen-podcasts-for-tweens-and-teens
- Crash course world history with John Green – https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse
- Crash course philosophy with Hank Green – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtNgK6MZucdYldNkMybYIHKR
- Be inspired https://www.youtube.com/user/soulpancake
- Learn British sign language – https://www.british-sign.co.uk/learn-online-british-sign-language-course/
- Learn another language with Duolingo https://www.duolingo.com/
- Learn to play the guitar https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/mYXGYCXXZnm9hlhKY9T2wP/radio-2s-guitar-pick-up-lesson-1
- https://www.mooc-list.com/ – MOOC directory, what free courses can they do
3D Tour Sistine Chapel
Archeological Museum Athens
Read books that will transport you somewhere else, or stretch and stimulate your mind, or bring you comfort.
- A list of places where you can find free books online can be found here – https://bookriot.com/2017/08/28/free-books-online/
- Listen to audiobooks for free online – https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- Mrs Watson's Virtual Library
- Cook, bake, draw, bake; tell us what creations you have been working on, take pictures of them.
- This is a great time to unleash the artist/chef in you, and create things that you can be proud of and enjoy, while learning skills for life in the process.
- Grow something from seed – https://www.gardeners.com/how-to/how-to-start-seeds/5062.html
Cuthbert House students applaud key workers
April 3, 2020 1:25 pm
Cuthbert House students were set a challenge earlier in the week to create a rainbow to show their appreciation of NHS staff and other key workers during these difficult times. It is fair to say that
Showing our support for NHS staff and other key workers
March 30, 2020 3:50 pm
Good afternoon everyone, We have a challenge for you – you may have seen that some people have been creating drawings in support of NHS staff and other key workers. We would like as many students