Academy Rules in relation to bags, coats, hair, make-up, jewellery and shoes are driven by the desire to ensure that students are smart, safe and ready for work.
It is important that Bede Academy students are mature and presented well. This will establish an identity within the community and build an excellent reputation for the Academy and students, both for their future careers and in representing Blyth as young ambassadors of whom their town can be proud.
Please do not spend excessive amounts of money on designer items as this may lead to theft or damage of the items or unhelpful competition among students. The Academy can take no responsibility for items which are lost or damaged at school. The simple message is: Do not bring expensive and/or precious items of clothing or other possessions into the Academy.
Please refer to the following guides for a full breakdown of uniform requirements by year group:
Please see our uniform policy for further detail
We have developed new footwear guides to assist parents and students in selecting shoes that are acceptable for use at Bede Academy. These guides may be downloaded by clicking on the titles below.
Images will be available soon
- Footwear Style Guide – Boots and Trainers
- Footwear Style Guide – Girls Yr7-11
- Footwear Style Guide – Girls Yr12-13
- Footwear Style Guide – Boys Yr7-13
Academy Uniform Shop
The EAS Schoolwear Shop (located next to reception at Bede Academy on Sixth Avenue) is open on Mondays and Wednesdays 12.30pm–4.30pm on term-time teaching days only. The shop is closed on teacher training days and during holiday periods with the exception of the Summer holidays when the normal shop opening times are replaced by a series of open selling days and appointments.
If you are unable to visit the shop during opening hours, you can now order by phone:
- Call the Uniform Shop on 01670 543544, leave your name, daytime contact number and the details of the items that you require
- Our team will then return your call when the shop reopens to confirm availability of the items that you require and take card payment details from you
- The items will then be made available to collect from Reception either by you or your child
- Uniform Price List
- Link to Appointment Booking System (opens June 2019)
You can call the Uniform Shop on 01670 543544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to emails and calls during shop opening hours.