Action Plan and Budget Tracker 2020-21
Bede Academy total fund allocated: £21,400
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offer.
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvement made now will benefit students joining the school in the future.
Five key Sports Premium indictors:
- Engagement of pupils in regular physical activity
- Profile of PE and Sport across the Academy
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skill of staff
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Academy Development Plan Targets:
1-Curriculum: Our students are in the top 20% of students nationally because of our Curriculum raises attainment for all groups; particularly gender gaps, PP, HA and SEND, as well as developing excellence in Character and Community.
- All subjects have clearly defined disciplinary knowledge and threshold concepts which are intelligently sequenced and are meaningfully linked to our context in Blyth and beyond.
- As a result of our knowledge rich curriculum, our students can articulate our curriculum goals as evidenced through robust assessment, demanding work in books and student oracy.
- Ensure that our most vulnerable learners can engage with the curriculum.
- Ensure that Character Development is embedded across all stages of the curriculum.
2- Teaching and Learning: Ensure that ‘day in day out’ teaching is never less than good and often outstanding by using the ‘Expert Teaching’ model to engage students, as a result all student groups (inc Gender Gaps, PP, HA and SEND) make good progress.
- Embed the ‘Expert Teaching’ (instruction/practice/feedback cycle) model to improve security of learning across our curriculum to deliver intent.
- Lessons to respond to learning in order to raise the attainment of underperforming groups (eg: Gender Gaps, PP HA and SEND).
3 – Personal Development: Develop and embed a robust personal development curriculum and work with students, families and professionals to remove identified barriers to learning to ensure that all students are supported to achieve their personal best and grow in character
- Ensure that the personal development curriculum, including student/family engagement, is of a very high standard across all stages of the curriculum
- Engage with students and their families to significantly reduce the number of students who persist in repeat instances of disruptive behaviour
4- Leadership: Lead a community which ensures that the Christian ethos and core values are experienced by staff, students, families and the wider community.
- All leaders, including governors, have a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities and lines of care and accountability.
- All leaders create a culture of ongoing professional development within the Academy and beyond.